Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sarah is IN the Netherlands!!

Hey all,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have arrived. It took about 30+ hours of travelling but I made it and the worst that happened was a ripped suitcase which wasn't the end of the world.

My apartment is beautiful, it overlooks a canal with houseboats and all, and I have most of what I need (and in typical Sarah-style I've already started a list of the things that I don't have!).

I'm really central to the city and spent yesterday strolling around town (clutching to my handbag!!) and am about to do the same today. Have already found a cute icerink about 5 mins walk from my house as well as about 20 food places I wanted to stop into haha I don't think this trip is going to do much good for my waistline!

Just FYI, the internet at my apartment isn't working yet and isn't expected to be working for at least a week so the main internet access I'll have will be at work but I'll probably be really busy for the first few days so won't be online much.

Hopefully I will be able to take some photos for you all in the next few days and get them up for you all to see where I'm living etc.

Oh, and I'm living alone for the first wee while, my flatmate still hasn't gotten her VISA sorted yet but I don't mind, I'm happy just wandering the streets here : ) And I've found a couple of TV stations that are in English thank goodness! I'm really starting to realise how much I should've looked into learning Dutch as there's so much around me that I don't understand!

Miss everyone loads but I can just tell this secondment is the right thing for me, I really really like it here : )

Hugs to all
xxx

2 comments:

Claire said...

Mate, you HAVE to eat Oliebollen (they're for sale near the icerinks) because they're seasonal. I think perhaps they start around Xmas and only are sold until just after New Years. So eat one! Or an Appelbollen, or any other fruity bollen.

Do it. It's great.

Icing sugar all over your face.

xx

Miki said...

Hey Sarah,

You made it!!!!!!!!!!!do you suffer from Jet lag???any cute boys in KPMG office? How do you like the people? is it very cold???
I am glad you like it!!

xxxx
M